Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Third Sock

Why make a third sock -- when I have only two feet?

Well, it goes like this. I made a wonderful pair of socks using a Regia 4-ply yarn in lovely blues and greens using a great Knitty pattern called RPM. The yarn is wonderful, hard-wearing yarn, and the pattern, which is a spiral rib, is great pattern to hug the leg and foot. I loved these socks.

But then, up in Tahoe, when I had to do laundry, the unthinkable happened -- one of the socks disappeared when I did my laundry at the laundromat. The remaining sock was lonely.

and so because I want my socks to feel good about themselves, I checked the leftover yarn, and I think there's enough to do a third sock to pair with the other one. So far, it's looking good -- I think I'll have just enough from the remaining ball to make the matching sock.

For Tomorrow: yarn splurge!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh, OUCH. I'm sorry!

Our washing machine once wouldn't drain, and my husband took it apart. The culprits? Baby socks, other baby clothes, an older child's sock--they had spun out over the top edge of the drum. Washing machines really do eat socks. So I never trust mine with a handknit sock.