Friday, February 22, 2008

Travels with Knitting

Well, it has been an extremely busy few weeks, with two major trips. The first one took me to the East Coast, where I managed to go through seven states in eight days. Admittedly, a couple of these were "drive throughs) but still!

The second trip was an amazing trip to Northern Ireland, Ireland, as well as England and Wales. More to come on that experience.

I worked on socks, including this wonderful Kaffe Fassett colorway:

Kaffe Fassett socks 2

I actually finished one on the first trip, and the second one on the second trip!

Along the way I visited my college roommate Lolly, who taught me to knit continental - for which I am truly grateful. I had sussed out that Stitch DC is the knitting place to go, so I went in the pouring rain and got some beautiful Jade Sapphire 100% cashmere to make a lovely scarf for Lolly:

Isobel scarf

And I'm totally excited to return home because I was able to finish by Juliaca cardigan.

Juliaca sweater detail 1

Since I'm heading to stitches tomorrow, I will be able to find a totally great closure for it, so stay tuned for a real modelling job.

No comments: