Friday, July 4, 2008

Fair Weather Knitting

This year I was inspired to enter some of my knitting by my friend, Judy, who entered items last year and did well. She did well this year too! A baby hat and cardigan:

JudysBabyHat&cardiganMCF08

And Judy also submitted Socks:
JudyssocksMCF08

and Handspun in a couple of kinds, and a beautiful Tuscany shawl.


To my surprise, my Hanami shawl won the other special awards:
HanamiMCF08a

and this mystery item also did well:

BabyHatMCF08bJPG copy

Since I'm thinking of submitting this as an original pattern, I must not show a photo!

Many of you know that a family loss has occurred, and I want to thank all the knitters for their support. I will be blogging more about this soon, including about the solace of knitting in times of loss...

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations on the ribbons, Renee! And my heart goes out to you in your loss. We're all in this life thing together.

jackie said...

life is bittersweet! congrats on your ribbons. they are well earned. was very sorry to hear of your loss. my thoughts go out to you and your family. take care.

Renee said...

Thanks Alison and Jackie. It is a bittersweet time - with highs and lows...

AuntieAnn said...

Congratulations! And I hope your knitting was some solace to you in your time of loss, as you imply.

Best,
Ann