Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day is Now a Season

Maybe you haven't heard, but this year there is a movement for an Earth "season" going from today until Mother's Day. I think this is a good thing, because it will be like other seasons and give us all time to think about the things we want to do that will change the impact on the earth.

I'm going to focus on greening my cleaning products (ha - that is, when I actually clean). I already use vingear and hydrogen peroxide, buy low impact dishwashing and laughry soaps, and have given up and am much happier without those fabric softener drying sheets. Don't have a place to put out the laundry, and with bad allergies, I think it would be a bad idea right now.

So, the focus will be on personal cleaning stuff for the most part.

and on the knitter's front, it will be my "knitting from stash season" -- yes, I know it's a pretty short time, and I just fell off the wagon on Saturday at the Marin Fiber Arts extravaganza, but you gotta start somewhere. I did buy some wonderful naturally dyed fiber and yarn on Saturday, so I've even begun the green front that way.

What will you do to go greener?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm told lemons make great cleansers, but I wonder if the Meyers from my tree would have too much sugar content?...

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com